Everything You Need To Know About Termites In Lake Worth
April 15, 2022 - Termites
Pests are very slick; many can get past you in a flash. It will seem like a hoard of them suddenly came out of nowhere. In reality, they could have been around for months. This applies to a lot of wood-destroying insects, which include termites. You won’t spot them immediately because they’re usually inside walls or overrunning soil. In most instances, property owners will see evidence of termite damage before catching the bugs themselves. Having pest control in Lake Worth makes a difference.
Annually, Americans put out a communal five billion dollars on termite treatments and tools for deterrence. This is partly because insurance companies exclude relevant wreckage from their offerings. It’s urgent that you learn all you can about these critters so that you can protect your assets effectively. You have to be able to identify signs of termites inside your house or establishment. Above and Beyond Pest Control will come to your rescue.
What Do Termites In Lake Worth Look Like?
A termite colony on your Lake Worth property will have workers, soldiers, and swarmers. There are different species, but workers in this region are commonly white or grayish-white. In terms of size, they’re 0.12 of an inch long. Yellow-brown soldiers with rectangular heads and humongous mandibles shield them from threats. Nests are formed by reproductive swarmers who have wings. They’re ½ of an inch long and yellow, brown, or black. You may get a glimpse of these active termites by windows and fixtures because they’re fascinated by light.
How Do I Know If My Lake Worth Home Has Termites?
Along with the presence of swarmers, these are the signs of termites inside your house or business:
- Finding the scaly discarded wings of swarmers
- Discovering swells of fecal frass; they’ll be close to the holes, mud tubes, and maze patterns of termites
- Having hollow-sounding walls
- Hearing clicking and rustling behind foundations
- Noticing that paint is puffing up or starting to peel
- Observing that drywall is off-color or slacking
- Unfastening tiles and squeaking floorboards
- Tight window frames and tight doors
What Does A Termite Infestation In Lake Worth Look Like?
Nutrients that trees and plants require to mature are let out into the ground when active termites split wood. This isn’t the only way these pests provide sustenance; various cultures around the world feast on them as a delicacy. While they have value from an environmental and nutritional standpoint, they don’t on the front of construction.
When termites infest human dwellings, the structural quality declines significantly. Bases, walls, or floors could subside, possibly resulting in injury or damaged belongings. Allergic reactions are typical when these critters are crawling about, but disease transmission doesn’t occur.
How Do You Get Rid Of Termites In Lake Worth?
If a termite colony on your Lake Worth property surfaces, it will be massive and happen fast. Nests can have loads of occupants. The best approach is to act before having evidence of termite damage, not after. Take these preventative measures:
- Remove or restore rotten or decaying wood.
- Have moisture complications repaired as soon as possible.
- Patch up gaps in foundations, caulk, and utility lines.
- Add screens to all exterior doors.
- Cleanse your vents and gutters regularly.
- Put wood and plants two feet away from the property.
- Keep loose wood, such as carpentry panels, off of the soil.
- Mow the lawn and trim the greenery on a routine basis.
The termite treatments we have at Above and Beyond Pest Control are industrial-grade and potent, but they are completely safe. Our solutions can do what retail insecticides can’t, without all the harsh chemicals. It’s more affordable and cost-efficient as well. Give us a call today to get started!