Tips And Tricks To Keep Your Lake Worth Home Spider-Free
October 15, 2022 - Spiders
Spiders are an important part of the ecosystem, but no one wants them hanging around their home. If you're a resident of Lake Worth, FL, then you're likely familiar with some of the spiders that are common here. And unfortunately, some of them can even be dangerous. Above and Beyond Pest Control will provide tips and tricks on how to identify and prevent spiders from taking up residence in your home. We'll also cover what to do if an infestation does occur, and how to get rid of spiders for good with pest control in Lake Worth.
What Do Spiders In Lake Worth Look Like?
There are many different kinds of spiders in Lake Worth, but some of the most dangerous ones that are common here include:
- Brown recluse spiders: These spiders are brown or tan in color and have a dark brown violin-shaped mark on their backs. They are small, only growing to be about 1/2 inch in size. Brown recluses are extremely dangerous, as their bites can cause severe tissue damage.
- Black widow spiders: As their name suggests, black widows are black with a red hourglass-shaped mark on their abdomens. They are small, only growing to be about 1/2 inch in size. Black widow bites can be extremely painful and cause serious health problems.
Either of these spiders can end up in your home, so it's important to be able to identify them. If you see these spiders in your home, it's best to contact a pest control company like Above and Beyond Pest Control right away.
Spider Infestations Can Be Dangerous
A spider infestation in your home can be dangerous for a few reasons. First, as we mentioned, some of the spiders that commonly infest homes in Lake Worth are dangerous. Second, even non-venomous spiders can bite if they feel threatened, and their bites can cause irritation and swelling. Finally, a spider infestation can be a sign that there are other pests in your home, as spiders often infest homes that have been overrun by other pests.
If you have a spider infestation, it's best to call a pest control professional to take care of the problem. Above and Beyond Pest Control offers spider control in Lake Worth that will get rid of spiders in your house for good.
Easy & Effective Spider Prevention Tips
The best home defense for spiders starts with prevention. Some easy and effective ways to get rid of spiders include:
- Keep your home clean and clutter-free. Spiders like to hide in dark, secluded places, so decluttering your home will make it less inviting for them.
- Seal up any cracks and crevices in your home. Spiders can squeeze through tiny spaces, so it's important to seal up any openings they could use to get into your home.
- Keep your yard clean and tidy. Spiders often live in gardens and other outdoor areas, so keeping your yard free of debris and overgrown vegetation will make it less likely for them to invade your home.
If you follow these tips, you should be able to prevent spiders from taking up residence in your home. But if an infestation does occur, Above and Beyond Pest Control can help.
The Secret To Total Spider Control In Lake Worth
If you have a spider infestation, the best thing to do is call Above and Beyond Pest Control. We've been helping Lake Worth residents with spiders and other pests since 1999, and our services are guaranteed, so you can be sure we'll get rid of your spider problem for good. Our experienced and certified pest control technicians will inspect your home, identify the source of the infestation, and develop a customized treatment plan to eliminate all spiders and prevent them from coming back.
Don't let spiders take over your home. Call Above and Beyond Pest Control today for a free inspection.