Sugar Ants In Lake Worth: What Every Resident Should Know
August 15, 2022 - Ants
The presence of even a few ants can mean additional worries for homeowners who will need to stay on top of storing food items away from pests and make sure that cooking and dining areas are clean at all times. Unfortunately, sugar ants can do more than invade leftovers and spills; they can also transmit dangerous illnesses and bacteria, making it important to get rid of them as soon as possible.
If sugar ants have made their way into your home, now is the time to find out where sugar ants come from, discover why you have sugar ants in your car, and learn about the various home remedies you can use to repel them. If you struggle with many banded sugar ants in your home, the experts at Above And Beyond Pest Control provide pest control in Lake Worth you can rely on to get rid of them safely and prevent them from returning.
Where Do Sugar Ants Come From?
Sugar ants can come from various places, as they are an opportunistic pest that is constantly looking for sources of food to bring back to the rest of the colony. In general, the following reasons might be what attracted sugar ants to your home:
- A dirty kitchen will often attract ants and quickly invade leftovers, sugary spills, and dirty plates.
- If people in your home eat in different rooms of the house, making it hard to keep up with crumbs, ants might start spreading throughout your home.
- Cracks in your foundation and walls make easy entry points into your property.
- Improperly fitted windows and doors can make it easier for ants to come in. Consider installing fine-mesh screens and door sweeps.
Ants are tiny insects that can come inside your homes using hairline cracks and small openings. By making sure that your home is clean at all times and that you reduce entry points to a minimum, you are taking the first steps in controlling an infestation.
Why Could There Be Sugar Ants In My Car?
Ants in homes are not necessarily an unusual sight, but what about sugar ants in your car? Ants look for very few things, namely food and shelter, and your vehicle provides both. If you or your children have a habit of eating in your car, you might be unknowingly attracting ants. Try to limit eating in the car to a minimum, vacuum the seats regularly, and consult with a pest control company about the various ant control methods you can use in your vehicle.
Are There Any At Home Remedies That Repel Sugar Ants?
As with many other invasive pests, the best way to get rid of sugar ants is to use home remedies to repel them and professional pest control methods to exterminate them. Here are some effective home remedies you might want to consider:
- Do not leave food out at any time. Ants will quickly invade it and take it back to the rest of the colony.
- Ensure to seal all cracks and entry points as much as possible, making it harder for ants to come in.
- Clean cooking and dining areas regularly. Try not to leave dishes in the sink, and vacuum and mop floors regularly.
- Reach out to our licensed technicians for the best methods to get rid of sugar ants, as they can be challenging to eliminate once there is an established infestation.
Getting rid of ants can seem like a full-time job, but it doesn't have to be. By taking a few precautions coupled with professional pest control methods, you can put your ant problem behind you.
What To Do If At Home Remedies Don't Repel Sugar Ants?
Unfortunately, home remedies alone are unlikely to entirely get rid of an ant infestation. For the best results to get rid of sugar ants in Lake Worth, FL, our experts at Above And Beyond Pest Control can help. From sugar ant bait effectiveness to the most effective professional pest control methods, our licensed technicians have the knowledge you need to exterminate sugar ants for good.
Sugar ants are invasive pests that can also transmit diseases. In large numbers, they can also damage the structure of your home. If you are struggling with an infestation, our experts at Above And Beyond Pest Control provide pest control in Lake Worth you can rely on to get rid of them safely and prevent them from returning.