Are you finding tiny bugs crawling in your sheets, or are you waking up littered with bug bites? If so, you could have bed bugs in your Lake Worth home, but are these pests cause for concern? Unfortunately, bed bugs can cause all sorts of problems for local homeowners. Here’s what Lake Worth residents should know about which homes bed bugs target, how they travel, easy tips to control them, and how to get them out of your home quickly with pest control in Lake Worth.
Do Bed Bugs In My Lake Worth Home Mean It’s Dirty?
One of the most common misconceptions that people make about bed bugs is that you’ve only got to worry about them if you have a dirty home. Although some pests may be more likely to infest poorly maintained homes because it means easier access to food and water, bed bugs aren’t interested in your leftovers. Bed bugs feast on human blood, and they’re just as likely to invade clean homes as they are dirty ones. Having a bed bug infestation isn’t a result of your housekeeping skills, and keeping a clean home won’t necessarily prevent bed bugs.
Do Bed Bugs In Lake Worth Travel On Clothes?
Bed bugs aren’t interested in dirty homes, so how do they pick which homes they’d like to infest, and are they capable of traveling on clothing? As it turns out, bed bugs are one of the few pests that get around by catching rides. These critters are also called parasitical hitchhikers, and they usually travel by hitching a ride on your luggage, bags, clothing, or other personal items.
However, bed bugs are more likely to cling to your suitcases or luggage than they are to your clothes. Since humans move around a lot, using clothing doesn’t give bed bugs the best hiding spots – but they may still use clothing if they have no other choice.
To pick up bed bugs and bring them into your home, you have to travel to a place where there’s an existing bed bug infestation. This could be a hotel, airport, train station, or even a friend’s house. Any place where there’s regular human activity has the potential to house bed bugs, and some of these critters may follow you back home.
What Are Some Bed Bug Control Tips For My Lake Worth Home?
Because bed bugs access your home through hitchhiking, how do you prevent these pests? Bed bugs can be tricky to keep out of your home because they’re small enough to hide in the tiniest cracks and crevices, but there are ways to control their presence, such as:
- Don’t leave your suitcases, bags, or other personal items sitting on the floor when you stay in hotels, motels, or take public transportation. This can make it easier for bed bugs to access these items.
- When you travel out of your home, make sure you’re checking your lodging area for signs of bed bug activity, such as dark stains on sheets or pillowcases, discarded skin, or live bugs.
- Try to store luggage and other items in plastic containers and bags as bed bugs have a harder time crawling over smooth surfaces.
- Don’t leave clothes lying on the floor, as this can be an easy way for bed bugs to access personal items.
- Vacuum your home on a regular basis and try to declutter bedrooms and other living spaces frequently to disrupt any bed bugs that make it inside.
- Try using dust mite-proof encasements on your box springs and mattresses to make it harder for bed bugs to hide.
- When you come home from traveling, be sure to wash your luggage, suitcases, and clothing first before you put it away.
How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In Your Lake Worth Home Fast!
Even with taking the precautions above, it’s still possible for bed bugs to get inside your home. These pests can be extremely difficult to get rid of on your own, but there is one quick and effective solution to rid your home of bed bugs, and that’s by using the professional services of Above and Beyond Pest Control.
If you think you may have a bed bug infestation in your home, you’re always better safe than sorry. Call us today at Above and Beyond Pest Control to learn more about our effective, reliable treatments and our excellent customer service.